Do you feel like you are always swamped by laundry and just can’t keep up? We are all faced with the ever-growing mountain of laundry; however you can keep from feeling overwhelmed by planning ahead and setting systems in place.
1. Engage the entire family by having them be responsible for bringing their laundry to a designated hamper, be it in their bedroom or to the laundry room.
2. Discourage your family members from throwing clean clothing into the hamper or on the floor making it impossible to differentiate clean from dirty thus creating unnecessary laundry.
3. Try to run at least one load of laundry each day (two or more if you have a large family) and once again make it a family affair. There is no reason why children shouldn’t be able to fold their own clothing and put them away as soon as they are old enough to learn. This will instill good habits when they are grown.
4. Make it a habit to only start a load of laundry when you know that you will be able to complete the entire process from wash to fold. Avoid leaving clothing in the washer or dryer overnight, since this will cost you more in time and money by having to re-wash or iron wrinkled clothing.
Creating and implementing a set routine and holding family members accountable for their part will ease the not so pleasant, but necessary task of doing laundry.
- Tips to Maximize Your Laundry Trips (apartmentguide.com)